[TowerTalk] problems with 10m COMTEK 4 sq unit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] problems with 10m COMTEK 4 sq unit
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: 19 Mar 2001 11:40:11 -0800
On Mon, 19 March 2001, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>     Okay, I'll bite. What was your rationale for building one for 10M? While
> 160, 80 and 40 versions are plentiful, I haven't heard of one for 10M. What
> advantages would it have on 10M where yagis are fairly cheap and effective?

One specialized application: multi-transmitter contest stations use HF vertical
arrays as receiving antennas for their spotting stations because there is much
less coupling to the main transmit antennas which are horizontally polarized.
Otherwise the interstation interference can be a big problem at the spotting
setup.

73, John W1FV