[TowerTalk] micro-reflectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] micro-reflectors
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:13:32 EDT
w2up@mindspring.com writes:

> I find towertalk to be a good resource, even with occasional off-
>  topic postings. The potential problem, as I see it, creating micro-
>  reflectors, for specific sub-topics such as lightning protection, is we
>  will lose a lot of pariticipation by readers and "experts."

    The TowerTalk reflector IS a "micro-reflector" that started out as tower
and antenna discussions on the CQ-Contest reflector. The problem was that
although contesters have an avid interest in towers and antennas, the info
wasn't getting out to Joe Ham - a non-contester. Joe probably hates
contesters anyway. So the TT part was spun off on its own.

>  Currently I am subscribed to a handful of reflectors (towertalk, cq-
>  contest, writelog, dxr, and wf1b-rtty). Between them, it's an averge
>  of about 80 e-mails/day. More than enough for me!

    Most of these reflectors have digests. That way you only get one or two
posts a day rather than all the traffic. Let me know if you need subscribe
info.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
TT Admin

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,