[TowerTalk] Sorry I tied up your forum, I'm GONE

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sorry I tied up your forum, I'm GONE
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:29:38 -0700
Dave

> In the future I will STAY OFF this reflector as
> it seems that novices like me, with only 25 years
> as a rag chewer and DXer are UNWELCOME to ask
> what everyone seems to consider 'irrelevant'
> questions.

It isn't clear to me who this post is addressed to.  As my name is Jim
and I recently posted a message suggesting that a FAQ list would be a
welcome addition to any discussion group and I used the phrase "large
number of irrelevant hits" I am concerned that it might be aimed at me.
If it is, please accept my apologies for having expressed myself
poorly.  In my view, if someone asks a question it's because he needs
information.  These reflectors provide a marvellous way of getting
answers.  So, the questions aren't irrelevant.

What I was referring to was the fact that many posts in a particular
thread are talking about something else than the subject of the thread
and so, if you are looking for info about the thread subject, these
posts are irrelevant to what you are looking for no matter how relevant
they may be to some other topic.

This isn't MY reflector, I am not part of some "in group" here, and the
very last thing I would want to do is make someone feel unwelcome.  Lord
knows, I've asked plenty of questions on the various reflectors which,
no doubt, have caused many people's eyes to roll.  So please, Dave, if I
am the guilty party, accept my apology for the lack of clarity in my
writing and stay with the reflector.

If I'm not the guilty party please tell me to stop being such a paranoid
'cuz I'm feeling bad about this.

73

Jim Smith       VE7FO

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,