[TowerTalk] Using extra anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using extra anchors
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 18:47:27 +0100
i would not pull up more than about 60' of rohn 25 no matter how many people you
have.  i would expect that at 90' with lights and wires you would fold over the
legs of the bottom section or fold the whole thing in the middle, probably as it
twists and tries to turn sideways... i'm not sure which spot would go first...
its just too heavy to support its own weight at an angle at that length unless
you are very lucky.  i would put up 50' or 60' on the hinged base then add the
top 30' with the gin pole.  this gives you a fairly solid base with 2 sets of
guys before you have to climb.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="a">http://www.championradio.com</A>

-----