[TowerTalk] paint

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] paint
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 02:55:00 -0400
At 12:20 AM 5/16/01 -0500, Richard Brown wrote:

>> Need help on painting towers. Have some never painted before and some
>painted before  Type/brand of primer and paint, source,  any hints?? I
>understand painting with vinegar first on unpainted sections is a good
>idea.

Dick, I suggest you check the archive.  Go to www.contesting.com, find the
list search box on the lower left, and enter the search words "towertalk"
"paint" and "tower" (without the quotation marks).  This is a highly
efficient way to get at the several threads on this subject that have been
archived over the last 5 years.

For what it is worth, 5 years ago I used a primer specially designed for
galvanized steel, bought at the local paint store (I think Benjamin Moore
brand), followed by latex exterior industrial paint from the same source.
I was just up on the tower for spring PM and was pleasantly surprised to
see that the paint is still perfect except for where it has been physically
scraped off by the soles of my boots.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----