[TowerTalk] Paint

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Paint
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:08:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/17/01 12:46:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bjk@ihug.co.nz
writes:

>  The question of paints to protect metal comes up from time to time on this
>  reflector.
>
>  Have not seen previous reference to the products of POR-15 Inc. which I
>  believe is a US company.
>
>  Have no other info on origins, but was put on to their products by classic
>  car restorers here in ZL.
>
>  There is Metal Ready pre primer which works on steel, galv steel and
>  aluminium. Only need to remove scale or flakes, no need to wash with
vinegar
>  or whatever when using this stuff.
>
>  POR-15 is the protective paint. Manufacturer claims  (and it looks like the
>  truth) that it seals moisture away from metal with a rock hard finish that
>  won't crack, chip, or peel. It is strengthened by exposure to moisture, is
>  not affected by salt spray. gasoline or oil and is totally acid resistant.
>  Used as undercoat. (of which more later).

They are next door to me, I have used this stuff on cars and antenna stuff,
incredible!
(not cheap but worth every penny)

Their web site is http://www.por15.com/

Yuri, K3BU

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----