[TowerTalk] GM Hazer with guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GM Hazer with guys
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:29:03 -0600
N4KG comments below.

On Wed, 23 May 2001 Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com> writes:
> >FB Howard!  Glad to hear it!  I know I was pleased that mine seemed
> so stable with only one set disconnected.  Have you climbed on yours
> any??
> >

> John,
> I wouldn't go that far. Each person has his own comfort zone. Mine
> ran out  when I put my first foot on the cross piece at ground level
and felt
> the  stretch in the aluminum.  I do think on most days with average
wind
> conditions there is little to no risk in working on the antenna at
> ground  level without guys attached.
>
> Howard..K2HK

What kind of tower are you referencing here?
And how tall?

A local CB installer lost his life because he did not know about
TRAMMING antennas to the top of a tower.  He was at 100 ft on
a R25 tower and had the owner unattach ALL of the guys on one
side to raise the antennas.  Guess what happened when the wind
came up?  Yep, he rode it down, to his demise.

Personally, I see NO BENEFIT in using a Hazer on a tall tower
with 3 or more sets of guys.  Sounds like a LOT of climbing to
attach and detach the guys every time you want to lower the
antenna.  It takes less than an hour to properly rig a tower
for TRAMMING.

de Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----