[TowerTalk] Hawks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hawks
From: dxdog@rcn.com (Jerry Keller)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:32:34 -0400
Doug:
You should be safe if you keep a bright orange lanyard attached to the tower
at all times. The hawk will quickly see the lanyard and realize that he
probably cannot carry you off.  Faced with the necessity to either eat you
there or leave you alone, he will likely opt for the latter, at least for
several hours, until he gets hungry enough to try it. This should give you
enough time to make your antenna adjustments, but do try to hurry as these
hawks can be somewhat unpredictable. Good luck.
K3MGT