[TowerTalk] Hawks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hawks
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:47:14 -0500
Tower climbers no, tree climbers, yes.  There are always stories
about, mostly owls, mistaking a hat on a deer hunter climbing a
tree to get into the stand, as edible.  Old camo looks ok up
close but at a distance when well weathered will appear light
blue and solid.  In the early light I would expect that sort of
thing to happen.

I have toyed with birds of prey when hunting and sitting in a
deer stand, by just wiggling a finger to see if they will pick it
up.  They have amazing eyesight.  Wiggled fingers are best kept
hidden.

Back on topic, as far as towers go, I would do my best to always
be clipped on just in case they mean to dispute the territory.
Probably wise to do so at all times just in case.  Never know if
your going to find a wasp nest up there.  Hats, gloves, and
sunglasses will help protect you some.

The last comment from here.  Most, if not all, birds of prey are
protected and cannot be harmed in any way in this country.  It
might just be "their" turf till they want to leave.

Good Luck,
Greg K9ZM

-----