[TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:31:55 -0400
K3KO wrote:

>I keep hearing "are available".  Where are the 3/4" hardline F
>connectors available?  I've seen mostly crimp stuff for F connectors
>anyhow.  I suspect the crimp tool will cost more than the whole
>project.  Something that can be put on without a crimp tool is really
>needed.

75 ohm hardline connectors are rarely available except at
cable industry wholesale suppliers like Antec and Telewire.
I believe Tessco carries some 75 ohm stuff also.

The only specialized tool you need is the coring tool, which carves
out about an inch of dielectric in preparation for the connector.

I've got a supply of .500, .540, .625, and .750 connectors and
coring tools if you decide to go that way.

I like Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale :-)

Steve K8LX