[TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline to F connector
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:02:03 -0700
Gilbert Engineering in Phoenix, Arizona makes just about any type of hardline
connector you can imagine.  I have seen hardline connectors that terminate in a
type F.  Unfortunately, I don't know if Gilbert Engineering has a web site or
not.  In 1983, their 800 number was:  800-528-5567

I have bought a number of items from Gilbert over the years in small
quantities.  I don't know if they still do that or not.  I found the very
easiest way to buy from them was to cut a six inch sample of my cable off and
send it to them with the instructions to provide the proper connector for the
cable that terminates in whatever type and sex of connector I want.  This is a
LOT easier than trying to describe the cable to them in an email or over the
phone since there are dozens of differeint kinds of hardline and each one needs
a different connector.  I would phone them first to see if they can help you.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

alsopb wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm fed up with using crummy RG59 to feed TV antenna. RG11 turns out
> to be even more lossy for the UHF channels.  I have enough 1/2" or
> 3/4" CATV hardline to make the run.  However, it appears to be a
> challange to mate it with the type F connectors on the antenna preamp
> and TV.  I suppose a short length of RG59 on both ends would be OK.
>
> Any suggestions?  How do the cable guys do this?  It seems like I
> stand a chance of loosing most of what can be gained by poor adapters.
>
> 73 de Brian/K3KO
>
> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
> -----