[TowerTalk] antenna height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna height
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:07:05 -0500
boy Larry, here's an easy one from my old Boy Scout days. I actually made
Eagle.

On a sunny day. Pound a pole of known height into the ground so it casts a
shadow.
Measure the shadow of the stick
Measure the shadow of the tree.

simple ration  Known height of stick to length of its shadow
                        X to length of tree shadow
cross multiply and you will have the answer of X

And who says I'm too old to remember that freshman algebra? hihi