[TowerTalk] antenna height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna height
From: Bob Otto <N8NGA@one.net> (Bob Otto)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 17:30:49 -0400
Hello Larry,

Here's a thought for you that I haven't heard anyone suggest.  My
other passion is golfing, and I have a pair of binoculars that
measures distance to the pin/flag.  The measurement is very accurate.
You could easily do the trig by standing in one point and using the
binoculars, measure to the base of the tree, then measure to the top
of the tree.  Then you would have two sides of a right angle triangle
(Hypotenuse and side, solve for third side).  The rest is easy.  Ask
around, bet someone you know that golfs has one of these tools.

73 from.......

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

Time Written:
5:26:09 PM
Attachments:
<none>

DXCC 10M            WAC 10M            WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!
Friday, August 10, 2001, 11:55:20 AM, you wrote:

LS> 1. Is there a FCC rule for commercial towers as to the painting of the red
LS> and white sections. My xyl is always asking how tall is that tower?

LS> 2. I have some tall trees on my new property and am getting ready to shoot
LS> an arrow up an start stringing some wire. Is there an inexpensive way to
LS> measure the angle to the top of the tree so I can do the Trig and find the
LS> height?

LS> Larry WA2SRY

LS> List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
LS> Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
LS> supporting towers up to 96 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com

LS> -----
LS> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk
LS> Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com