[TowerTalk] Ladder Line and Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ladder Line and Coax
From: mpride@us.ibm.com (Mark Pride)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:13:38 -0400
Why not keep the ladder line all the way into the shack and put a tuner on
it to conveniently cover the bands of interest.  To run the open wire into
the shack (like go through walls or windows, etc.), use some equal length,
short runs of coax, and connect two coax lines in parallel, center
conductors connected to the openwire, then direct into the tuner - ground
the braids together of the two parallel lines.

Stay away from the baluns - creates loss.

OR, Consider a simple 3 element tribander pointed south (30 or 40 ft. high)
and an inverted vee for 40 M on that tower - either a relay on the tower to
one feedline (coax) or two feed lines.  Don't think you will benefit much
with a wire on 10 or 15 and still be competitve to the south.

Regards,

Mark, K1RX

GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>@contesting.com on 08/20/2001 03:33:11 PM

Sent by:  owner-towertalk@contesting.com