[TowerTalk] Protecting connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Protecting connectors
From: gm3poi@btinternet.com (Clive GM3POI)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:14:55 -0000
Same thing here where 100mph winds tend to force rain into joints. I put
Scotchkote on each layer usually starting with tape followed by Scotchkote
tape etc. They come out clean if a joint is opened up after a few years. I
have found also that its better to use a cheaper quality tape rather than 3M
because it can be very slightly stretched and mould the plug shapes better.
With 3 layers of both tape and Scotchkote they take some unsealing. 73 Clive
GM3POI