[TowerTalk] TH6DXX Lo phone on driven element

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX Lo phone on driven element
From: bnowak@telocity.com (Bradley Nowak)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:51:32 -0400
I have a quick question for the antenna gurus.  I have a TH6DXX at about
50'.  When I assembled the antenna, I chose the cw settings for element
dimensions.  The antenna has always shown resonance very low on 15 and 20m
(around 13.998 and 21.000 MHz).  I recently removed the driven element for
some repair and was wondering if I should adjust this element for "low
phone" to raise the resonant freq.   I know that I should adjust all
appropriate elements for low phone as well but being somewhat lazy...  and
not to mention I'm not crazy about climbing the tower.  Does anyone know to
what extent this will adversely effect the antennas' performance? (I was
thinking most likely the pattern).  Should I adjust for low phone only if I
adjust all other elements accordingly?

Brad - N8SNM

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----