[TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about hams with small lots???
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 22:11:59 -0700
My solution for my 50' x 100' lot is going to be an 88' dipole, with the
feed at about 45' [if I ever get it up!].  The ends will be between 25 & 30'
up and will probably zig-zag somewhat.  They will also run more or less
parallel and within 20 to 25 feet of a bunch of residential power lines...
This will be fed with 300 ohm twin lead.  I'm not expecting stellar
performance, but it should get me on the air.

I also have a vertical for 10 meters, and hope to put up a small tri-bander
someday.  My original plan for the lot was to get up a 260' loop between the
trees pretty much following the property line.  But all the power lines
would make it very difficult, and possibly dangerous to hang the loop.  I've
always wanted a killer antenna, but not this way:-)

Rover antennas are much easier!

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla