[TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m Dipole ssb/cw switching
From: w6ru@bak.rr.com (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:37:15 -0800
I want to thank you guys that have contributed to this thread ....

After 6 years of using a full-wave loop antenna for 75/80 meters it has
failed .... the # 10 stranded wire broke at the apex. This antenna gave me
great bandwidth for both modes.

I want to try a couple sloping dipoles and see if any front to back can be
had. At present I have one dipole up and now I  realize how spoiled I was.
This dipole was only giving me about 100 KHZ bandwidth. Just today I read
the post from N4KG and tonight I trimmed my feedline to 1/2 WL and inserted
a 1/4 WL RG-11. This is the method described at:
http://www.cebik.com/wb.html
WOW! This works GREAT ! The antenna (or should I say system) is now flat (<
1.3:1) from 3750 to 4000 ... next I am going to put back the length I
trimmed off the antenna to get everything back down the band.

Terry W6RU

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----