[TowerTalk] How to mount choke balun?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to mount choke balun?
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:07:10 -0500
On 11/4/01 12:07 AM, Rod Elliott at elliottr@hurontel.on.ca wrote:

>Also, any suggestions for the best way to attach the coil to the boom?

Wind the coil on a piece of 4" PVC pipe. Make the pipe a few inches
longer than the coil. Use a U-bolt to hold the PVC pipe to the boom.

This may not work so well in big-wind areas. The area of the PVC pipe may
offset the aerodynamic balance of the F12 antenna.

--

I went through this excercise when installing my A3S. In the end, I opted
for a balun made with FB-1020-43 ferrite beads I found surplus. (Not the

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----