[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:04:38 -1000
After a look at the M.O.&O.,  I think it is pretty clear the
FCC is ducking!  They want the ARRL to take it to
Congress;  let those folks take the lobby heat from
all the Homeowners Associations and others.  No
way that is going to happen.  Could ARRL have
presented acceptable evidence,  I doubt it given
the way things have gone the last 2 or 3 years
between ARRL and the FCC (remember restructuring?
not one ARRL request was granted nor accepted
as given in the footnotes;  but lots accepted from
W5YI, Kenwood Corp., and others!).  Recall,  ARRL
is just a group of us amateurs,  not sharp attorneys,  hi.

However,  the ARRL Volunteer Counsel here in Hawaii,
Dennis Niles,  KH6XT,  was a great help to me back in
'92 when I had trouble getting an antenna tower permit.
He contacted the Asst. District Attorney (who was acting
as Counsel to the Planning Commision) and the State
of Hawaii Health Dept.  Hazards Director (who raised
the issue of harmful radiaton danger from my requested
antenna installation).  Dennis got all cleared up after he
personally visited these men,  in their offices.  Maybe
he should have represented the ARRL to the FCC,  hi.

Just my thoughts.

73,  Jim  KH7M

AN Wireless Self Supporting Towers are now available!  Windloading tables,
foundation diagrams and charts, along with full details are now at the
AN Wireless Web site:  http://www.ANWireless.com

-----