[TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Is the FCC sharp? Is ARRL counsel swift?
From: albraun@earthlink.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:56:18 -0000
It is hard to find urban or suburban property any more that doesn't have
CCR's. When I moved to the Des Moines area from central Missouri a year ago,
I told the real estate agent about my need for an outdoor antenna and no
CCR's. That promptly eliminated 98% of all the listings he had. My size and
price requirements killed most of the rest. He said I was the hardest client
to work with (for those reasons alone) that he'd encountered in at least 5
years. Ultimately I found some rural property that has 5 acres, a reasonably
priced house and a pole barn, so I'm raising both antennas and chickens now.
But the FCC is whistling dixie if they think it isn't a problem. And there
is at least one city in the area (Ankeny IA) that has a 35 foot height
restriction that hasn't yet been challenged, so PRB-1 hasn't even solved all
the problems it was designed to solve!

Alan Braun NS0B