[TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower
From: k4sqr@juno.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 07:35:11 -0500
Stephanie;

1/4w slopers can be very sensitive antennas, and need to work against
good ground systems.
1. Bond a ground wire from top of tower to mast, allowing for rotation
loop.
2. Run a ground wire from sloper feed point to tower ground rod.
These insure an RF path for the sloper to work against. I have added 10
radials from the tower base under the direction of the sloper with past
installations.

Good luck & Happy New Year to All;

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com