[TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower
From: wx3k@ptd.net (Stephanie WX3K)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 13:17:05 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rauch [mailto:w8ji@akorn.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 7:50 AM
To: Towertalk; Stephanie WX3K
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower

<snipped>

Please explain what "5 or more above" implies.....There have been many
others that have shared some very good results with the HALF SLOPER antenna.
Sounds to me like this antenna is anything but a "free lunch" antenna.
Taking the time to understand the functionality of an antenna is well worth
its weight in gold to me, even if it means a little extra experimentation
initially.

Besides isnt that the whole fun of the technical side of amateur radio
??????

Stephanie R. Koles WX3K
wx3k@arrl.net
http://www.qsl.net/wx3k

>If you want a vertical, install a normal vertical like an Inverted L fed
>at earth level and a good radial system, or shunt feed the tower and
>use a good conventional radial system with it. it might be a little
>work, but you will be 5 or more above any of the "free lunch"
>systems that rarely if ever work as expected.
>

>73, Tom W8JI
>W8JI@contesting.com

This list is sponsored by the new eHam.net Store.  When you buy products
price goes to support this list.  Check it out at http://www.eham.net.

-----