[TowerTalk] Short Tower Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Short Tower Antenna
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:21:24 -0600
Actually, 40 ft is an EXCELLENT height for daytime MUF's.
It will cover ALL of the higher angles supported by the ionosphere
and is often (usually) better than 60 to 80 ft high antennas on
10 and 15M at midday.  The higher antennas will be better
at night, but no more than 10 db, and usually less.
GO  FOR  IT !  You'll be amazed at how well 40 ft works.

Tom  N4KG

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 "Barry Baker" <barryb@i1.net> writes:

> Hello to the group. My call is KC0LCL. Given a choice of running a
> Hex-Beam
> at 40' which is its reccommended height or Something like the KT36XA
> from M2
> technologies at the same height. 40' is pretty low for that antenna.
> Any
> advice for a new Ham?
>
> link to Hex-Beam
> http://www.hexbeam.com
>

> link to KT36XA antenna
> http://www.m2inc.com
>
> Details:
> QTH  Missouri
> 550' above sea level on a ridge (good ham spot)
> 70'+ tall trees all around
> Location  will accomodate 40' radius of "clear"
> Could go up to 70' legally, but not financially.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry
> KC0LCL

> Where do you get ICE bandpass filters & beverage matching boxes?
> The
> same place that pays for the hosting of this list:  The eHam Store.
> Order online at http://store.eham.net.
>
> -----

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.