[Towertalk] Shorty Forties

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Shorty Forties
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:59:11 -0600
I stand corrected, the OLD HyGain shorty forties
were also Reflector - DE arrays.  I distinctly recall
mention of pattern reversal from the '60's.

Could it have been from antennas tuned for SSB?
A parasitic element self resonant at 7100 could act as
a reflector on SSB but a director on CW.  Admittedly,
this would be pretty close tuning as most reflectors
are tuned 3 to 5% lower than the bottom edge.
Anybody ever experience pattern reversal on CW
with a shorty forty tuned for SSB?

A parasitic element tuned below 7000 will act as
a reflector on BOTH CW and SSB.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.