[Towertalk] Re: taping your joint - Thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: taping your joint - Thanks
From: ag0n@arrl.net (ag0n@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 15:55:40 -0700
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:12:56 EST, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> And thank you for asking about taping my joint.

I've been cracking up ever since the thread started.  Dunno how anyone else
is holding a straight face.

That said, I'll have to say that I have had no problem with Scotchkote in
the sun.  YMMV.  I typically use a layer of 33 or 88, followed by a liberal
coating of Scotchkote.  After 10 years, they were totally dry and fully
covered.  For rough service, I'll double the whole works, but I haven't
really found it necessary.  The second layer gets 'cross threaded' and then
coated.

Don't put Scotchkote directly on your connectors.  ;o)  I did that when I
was learning to use it back in the 70s.  It pretty much ruins your ability
to get that connection apart again (but can be done).

Gary

a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws