[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:21:00 -0600
N4ZR has recommended at least 1/2 WL of insulated guy
(of the Lowest Frequency Antenna on the tower )
between the top to the tower and a continuous
conductive guy wire.  That's 35 ft for 20M.
I'd go with at least 50' for the top guy and maybe
even the next lower guy (or ALL guys).

Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002  Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:
> Hi all
>
> I need to insulate the top section of my upper guys from my tower to
> eliminate some tower-antenna interaction I think I am getting with
> my C31XR.
> Is it okay to use a few feet of Phillystran for the top section and
> EHS for  the rest?
> If it is then what is best method to use to couple the EHS
> and the  Phillystran?
> Or is there a simpler inexpensive solution to isolating  the EHS
> from the tower?

.. sylvan  (VE5ZX)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.