[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran
From: Jim White" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:05:55 -0400
Years ago at the beginning of the "relector" revolution where we shared our
experiences I seem to remember K3LR informing the group to beware of those
short lengths of "real" guy wire near the tower...sometimes they might act
in conjunction to act as dipoles/re-radiators....seem to remember Tim saying
that 5 foot was a good length to allow you to stay away from the Philly
while climbing - you never know what tool dangling from ones belt might
knick the Philly...but not so long as to be a problem at HF....think this
was based on his having problems with pattern/SWR variance while rotating a
20 meter antenna he worked the problem backwards to that "little guy wire"
antenna right next to the yagi mounted above a guy point....

How's your memory crew?

73,

Jim, K4OJ

My favorite site: