[Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] ABC Home Owners Assoc Expose
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:22:01 -0400
At 02:06 PM 4/20/02 -0400, Paul Christensen wrote:
>...Congress granted within the FCC the authority to codify this
>into law.  HOWEVER, Congress did not intend for the FCC to have carte
>blanche power to make a similar blanket ruling across other
>FCC-regulated services.  In all fairness to the ARRL, it was a nice
>attempt, but the FCC knew better.

Maybe I'm being over-optimistic, but it seems to me that the strong trend
in state legislatures toward adding PRB-1 type "reasonable accommodation"
language to state codes, plus the precedent of the statutory Federal
pre-emption of CC&Rs for one type of antenna, sets the stage for an ARRL
effort to get Congress to pass a similar pre-emption for CC&Rs that don't
reasonably accommodate amateur antennas.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at
www.pvrc.org