[Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts - list of providers?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts - list of providers?
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:54:52 -0400
> Stan sent me another set. Since I knew it wasn't his fault, I sent him
> $7.00 for the replacement hardware. He paid for the shipping.
>
> That's the way to do business.

> Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@arrl.net

Indeed!  Stan is a gentleman.

To Steve - K7LXC and other members of the reflector:

I don't know if this idea has been broached before, but if it has not, would
it be acceptable to you as the reflector administrator - god - whatever  :-)
for us as a group to compile a list of vendors, suppliers, manufacturers,
etc. and itemize them by category for the purpose of rating them
(objectively) to use as a resource when any of us need parts, service, etc.
and would like to turn to the accumulated experience of the reflector?

My thinking is that a resource of this type would save A LOT of reflector
e-mail traffic, repeated inquiries on related subjects and a lot of wear and
tear for us as we search for reputable people and companies to deal with.
It might also provide some additional incentive for suppliers to provide
high quality service, especially if they know they will be mentioned
favorably if they do a good job.

What do you think?

73

Bob KQ2M