[Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts [was "Mosley"]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts [was "Mosley"]
From: aa4lr@bellsouth.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:38:07 -0400
On 4/24/02 8:41 AM, Jim Idelson at k1ir@designet.com wrote:

>1.  Friends in our own Amateur Radio community are often the best
>resource. I
>have had great experience with guys like these:
>          Antronics of Oregon -
>http://www.reprise.com/antronics/antronics.asp
>          Stan Griffiths, W7NI - w7ni@easystreet.com

I bought a couple of HB25B's from Stan, and also ordered 4 sets of his
mechanically-galvanized tower hardware for Rohn 25. Stan placed the
hardware in a small cardboard box and taped it to the HB25Bs. Hardware
was maybe $7.00 of the order.

Somehow, the gorilla'a at UPS managed to whang the brackets hard enough
to send the hardware through the end of the box -- breaking the strapping
tape that held it closed.

End result - two nice brackets, but no hardware.

Stan sent me another set. Since I knew it wasn't his fault, I sent him
$7.00 for the replacement hardware. He paid for the shipping.

That's the way to do business.