[Towertalk] Feeding RG-8 Through Walls

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Feeding RG-8 Through Walls
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:43:09 -0700
I just bought some double-female UHF connectors aka barrel connectors
from Alfa Radio in Edmonton for just this purpose.  They are 6" long,
are threaded over their full length and have a couple of nuts on them.
 I have seen even longer ones at an American supplier who's name I
forget but who is on the net.  So, drill appropriate size holes, poke
'em through and caulk as required.  If needed, a couple of pieces of
sheet aluminum with appropriate size holes could go on either side of
the wall to give the nuts something to press against.

Hope this helps

de Jim Smith    VE7FO