[Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 09:49:51 -0400
> Ultimately, though, I'm planning to buy a 259B, unless MFJ comes out with
> something better for my HF needs before I get done procrastinating.  One
> reason I wouldn't go the Autek route again is what appears to be a lousy
> attitude toward customer service -- they have a very high minimum shop
> charge for non-warranty repairs and an evident disdain for customers
asking
> questions.

Pete, I have both a 259 and a 269.  The 269 is vastly superior to the 259.
Much easier to use, more functions, more "stable" readings, many more
measurements.  Definitely worth the extra $100!

I have not owned the 259B so I can't compare that to the 269, but from what
I understand, there is little comparison between them too.

Just my suggestion - but if you are going to be using it a lot, spend the
extra money and get a 269.

73

Bob KQ2M