[Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer (COSTS in Canada!!)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer (COSTS in Canada!!)
From: ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 16:20:25 -0300
Chris is right!

You guys south of the border cannot realize what we VE's end up paying for
US stuff.
Normally I can count on paying just about double for stuff from the USA (and
elsewhere).
By the time I pay for the item, multiply that by current exchange (1.55 or
whatever), pay multiple
taxes, duties, brokerage fees, courier fees, Federal taxes etc. on it, it
usually is just about double.

F'rinstance, if memory serves, my FT-847 (no options) was about $2745.00- 2
years ago, and my IC-736 was
$3036.00 back 8-9 years ago (w/ CW filter). That is about BEST case scenario
because I bought from
a ham radio dealer in VE1.  Buying direct from USA would be WORSE (hi hi)

Mike VE9 Antenna Antenna

Michael, Coreen & Corey Smith
(VE9AA,  VE9AAA & Little-VE9 to be)
271 Smith Rd