[Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 14:44:42 -0400
> Is the MFJ the only analyzer or is it just superior?
> What other measuring devices can be used if the budget does not support
the
> MFJ269 plus stuff.  (Close to CA$800 landed) (Or close to 3/4 gross
monthly
> pension)
>
> Chris opr VE7HCB

Hi Chris,

There are several other analyzers and they have all been discussed in e-mail
posts in the last few days as well as on eham.net.  Someone posted that info
as well.  I suggest you look into that.

Regarding pricing, I am not sure where you get the idea that the MFJ269 is
$800 CA.

I bought a 269 last fall for $319 total from HRO New Hampshire.

At the current exchange rate of about $0.64 for a Canadian Dollar, this
would be $498 CA and change.  I am not sure what other stuff you were
referring to.  I use the 269 by itself without any other stuff - it does
everything I need it for.

Bob KQ2M