[Towertalk] Building Permit or Not

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Building Permit or Not
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:41:21 EDT
kk6t@joneslumber.com writes:

> Another concern to me would be my homeowner's insurance coverage.  I can't
>  imagine
>  that the insurance company would feel obligated to pay on a claim for a
>  tower that
>  fell if that tower installation didn't follow whatever
>  requirements....permits,
>  inspections, whatever the local government had.

    I wouldn't worry about. I've only run into one claims adjuster who had
ANY experience with towers so 99% don't know anything about them anyway.
They're real happy just to get a repair estimate from a credible tower
company.

    The insurance company doesn't ask for germane building permits if your
roof blows off or your plumbing pops.

    The insurance company's job is to fix whatever has been damaged. I've
never been personally involved in any kind of scenario that you're alluding
to.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -