[Towertalk] Bip Bop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Bip Bop
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:08:34 -0400
K4XS has had great success bipping and bopping for years...I think this is
because he has the real thing - stacks of big yagis placed at calculated
heights to produce the desired footprints.

...I am about to start a much smaller bip bop project myself...

assume I have two identical feedline line lengths running to a WX0B selector
box that allows upper lower or both....now when I select both I want to
simply add a length of feed line into one side of a pair of antennas to get
my "both" to be out of phase, can I simply place a dow key relay with one
output into a delay line which leads to a tee that is attached to the other
output of the Dow Key? or is this "hot" stub delay line a dilemna when not
in use?

Also - as I remember I want to have my driven elements identical in their
both having the hot side attached the same side of the driven element...if
this is backwards then I am out of phase versus in phase, no?  And if this
is the case is it easier to use a "DPDT" at the feedpoint to flip flop the
hot side versus a delay line (I do not like the idea of a relay up in the
air on an element waiting to go bad but was wondering if this would
accomplish same same)

Thanks as always...a great resource here

K4OJ

"...there is no fear greater than the failure of a PL259 at 23:59 on Friday
night of a contest"