[Towertalk] model

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] model
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:29:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/02 7:18:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jljarvis@adelphia.net writes:

> My own experience with out-of-phase stacks was inconclusive,
>  but not rigorous, as it was during contests.  Others have
>  said basically the same thing.

    Anyone who has seen Bob Heil, K9EID's demonstration of in-phase and
out-of-phase audio will agree that out-of-phase is pretty useless since
everything gets cancelled out. Some stack problems are a result of the baluns
being hooked up backwards which puts them out-of-phase.

    Strictly anecdotal but doesn't give me any warm fuzzies about using an
out-of-phase antenna system.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH