[Towertalk] Quad Support

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Quad Support
From: Barockteer@aol.com (Barockteer@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 10:46:46 -0400
I've done the same thing, supporting a pair of 80m loops, with a 20' long
crossarm made from 2" PVC pipe. The crossarm is supported from above with a
truss. Before you jump on me about how lousy PVC is for structural material, I
have to say it's been up quite a long time, including one very wet, heavy
snow/ice storm that broke lots of trees. The PVC was bend almost 90 degrees ,
but when the ice melted off, it snapped right back. Much lighter than timber...

73,

Tony, K1KP