[Towertalk] Guy wire resonance. Break it up or use stubs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy wire resonance. Break it up or use stubs?
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:23:54 -0500
N3RR asked:

>Who out there has had problems with insulator broken-up guys that were
>corrected by using Phillistran or fiberglass?

Bill, Rick Craig - N6ND - had some poorly performing yagis partway up a big
tower which had steel guys proken up with insulators.  When modeled using
K6STI's Guy modeling program, it imitated the real experience.  Switching to
Phillystran made the poor performance end.  I think this was in the late
80s.

Mark, N5OT