[Towertalk] Guy wire resonance. Break it up or use stubs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy wire resonance. Break it up or use stubs?
From: swca@swbell.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:33:56 -0500
> Is this one of those, if I spend $5,000 on Phillystran I'll hear the DX
> station 45 seconds sooner than my buddy down the road  who is using
> steel guy wires?

Since you asked, the reason I use all Phillystran is because 1. I got it for
an affordable cost and 2. it makes sense that my actual antenna system will
get closer to how it was modeled (I didn't bother modeling the guys which I
could have) than if I had a bunch of additional conductors in the air all
around the antennas.

If the Phillystran had not been affordable, I would have used steel and
broken it up, and crossed my fingers.

Mark, N5OT