[Towertalk] HF2V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HF2V
From: k7mks@attbi.com (k7mks)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 09:01:13 -0700
Many thanks to all who commented on my inquiry regarding the HF2V.  The
concensus seemed to be it was an effective 40m antenna when used with an
efficient ground system.  80m operation comments indicated it left a bit to
be desired.  At this point I plan to install a 40-45 foot vertical with a
3-4" diameter loading coil at about 30 feet land use a small amount of base
on 80 fed w/ open wire or a vertically polarized delta loop.  Thanks again -
its been interesting reading the comments.  Joe k7mks