[Towertalk] TH6DXX trap end caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH6DXX trap end caps
From: ditzian@alltel.net (ditzian@alltel.net)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 19:26:21 -0400
Dale points out that it is possible to get TH6DXX trap end caps from
Hy-gain. However, a set of caps is $20.

Some of my caps are cracking, others are not. Those that are damaged
could be patched with plastic cement or rubberized tape. There are
weep holes in the trap covers, so making a moisture-proof seal is
purposeless. I suspect that the  idea is to keep a stream of water
from running into the trap. Even then, it would be tough to short the
trap, since it is about 1/2" away from the cover.

Do I really need new end caps, or is some tape or cement adequate?

73,
Jan Ditzian
KX2A
kx2a@arrl.net