[Towertalk] TH6DXX trap end caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH6DXX trap end caps
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:53:22 -0600
That was Roger Cox of HyGain and he later RETRACTED that
statement.

Even if were true there are ways around the problem:

First, on the cover closest to the boom, it does NOT matter
since the cover is electrically connected to the element on
the boom side so there is NO potential across that end.

Second, on the cover farthest from the boom, simply tape
up to but NOT across the edge of the cover and there will
be NO contact with the element or trap cover therefore
NO PROBLEM.

I tape ALL my trap end covers to PREVENT uV deterioration.
(Even NEW covers).

Tom  N4KG