[Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:18:06 -0500
In that case, I'd agree with you.

However, I know where my water table is where I am going to be putting the
anchors.  In some parts of my back yard, my water table is literally about
2.5 feet from the surface.  However, the guy anchors are going up on a hill
which is at least 10 to 15 feet above the lowest point of the back yard so
the water table should be well under where my water table is.

And type of soil would also make a difference as others have pointed out.  I
just wish Rohn would publish more of this on their site.  I requested
literature from them and literally got nothing back but an e-mail letter
telling me they were sending stuff and listing my local distributors (one of
whom only sells Rohn TV tripods!).

Jon

on 9/4/02 3:09 PM, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com at Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/4/02 7:06:57 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
> na9d@speakeasy.net writes:
>
> << Now when you get to the larger towers, of over 90 feet, then you have
> problems with screw anchors. >>
>
> Not always the case..suppose you are in an area whose perchedwater table
> rises and falls and occasionally comes to within a couple of feet of the
> surface?  I would feel much more comfortable with the concrete anchor than
> the screw type.
>
> Bill K4XS

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)