[Towertalk] screw in guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] screw in guy anchors
From: dave@dpomeroy.com (Dave Pomeroy)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:30:46 -0700
Fellas,
   I had an AB577 with a rotor and A3S on top.  It was up 50 Ft.for a
year.  I used the supplied screw-in anchors, about 5 inches in diameter and
2 ft long.  The soil was sand.  At first I was not sure but after screwing
in the guy and trying to pull it back out with no success I decided to give
it a try.  The tower stayed up all of last year in South Western
Michigan.  We had several big storms, in fact there were trees down all
around me.  No problems with the tower.  When I took it down I could see no
movement of the anchors whatsoever.  If I had any doubts about the holding
power of those little anchors I would get some bigger ones from the power
company.  Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

Dave Pomeroy K7DNP South East Washington