[Towertalk] Handling plexiglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Handling plexiglass
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:52:34 -0700
Plexiglass or Lexon, I believe are the same.  Try heating a section, then
bending.  Afairly sharpe curve can be obtained.  Someone gave me
instruction awhile back, but I donot have anymore.  I have seen some people
(at work, when I was allowed to work)  handle the stuff very nicely.  Using
metal edges, to me is bad as such will interfere with the electrical
properties.  Try a very hot heat gun but move rapidly.  Some say heat in an
oven, but I forget the temp.  For bending use a form similar to a sheet
metal brake idea.  I bent some once using metal on both sides, put in vice,
clamp, then use another piece of metal to bend over.  Was not bad for a
beginer.

When drilling go slowly, you want to drill not melt.  You can glue pieces
together as well.

I am planning on making something. I plan on drilling with the drill press
and gluing the small pieces together.

Chris opr VE7HCB
,