[Towertalk] Handling plexiglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Handling plexiglass
From: billwall@eyecon-solutions.com (Bill Wall)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:03:56 -0400
Hi ;
We have cut Lexan an Plexiglas for many decades. Terry is right about the
blade. All of our plastic is supplied with stuck on protective paper on both
sides. To drill the holes we drill a pilot hole with usually a 1/8" old
fashion rounded nose bit. Then we finish drilling, with light pressure, with
a larger uni-bit. It is tapered and will not shatter the plastic. After
drilling the paper is removed.
As a side note, a good company to purchase the material from is Binswanger
Glass Co. They have outlets all over the US. Their prices are very
competitive.
                                   73  Bill  KC4UZ