[Towertalk] Handling plexiglass

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Handling plexiglass
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:45:05 -0700

> Interesting topic as I will be needing to cut some Plexiglas myself soon.
>
> So what is the preferred method of cutting down a large sheet to
> manageable
> size if you don't have a large bandsaw at your disposal. Maybe an abrasive
> blade of some sort for a power handsaw?

        [Steve Katz]  I use a Craftsman Roto-Zip type saw (rotary blade,
hand held tool, costs $49.95 with a million accessories), it zips right
through plexiglass like butter and can cut a very straight line (or any
other shape) if you want it to, by simply guiding it along a straight edge.
I bought it to cut ceramic tile, which it also does quite well, especially
for $49.95...  -WB2WIK/6