[Towertalk] Helium Balloon

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Helium Balloon
From: contesting@eircom.net (Tim Makins, EI8IC)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:41:04 -0000
I remember seeing newsreel of some huge balloons in New York - some yearly
street parade. Perhaps the W2s can make use of them afterwards...

I am suprised that no one has mentioned the way that kites are used to
support antennas - your antenna fastens on to the sloping line that holds
the kite, positioned so that the antenna itself is vertical. I would have
thought the same would work with tethered balloons.

73s Tim EI8IC